Sunday, September 8, 2013

So many new things!

I think one of my favorite things about solids is that it's like there's a new milestone every 4 days -- and Mama and Papa get to decide when it happens. First time eating pears? Yes, I think we'll do that today!















After the brown rice cereal on Labor Day, we progressed to butternut squash on Thursday and then today it was pears. She had what seemed to be teething pain not too long after the pears, but then while I was standing her up on my lap, she made her "I'm pooping" face and so I think it was stomach upset. When we changed her diaper, we were shocked to see a fully-formed stool. She's never had a poop that could be described as anything approaching "solid" before. I had no idea that after only one week of a few tablespoons a day of solids, things could change so quickly!

Speaking of milestones that we had no control over, Greta rolled from back to front today. She was on her back playing in her gym and just hanging out, stretching on her side and pulling on the arches above her gym.

She was making funny faces at me while she arched her back and stretched, so I tried to capture a picture and this was what I got. 

Ben and I were just chatting while she was hanging out. Ben was on his computer and my view of her was blocked by the coffee table, so I was just checking on her now and then. A few minutes later, I looked over at her and saw her like this:

So Proud!
She really did look amazingly proud. And then she just hung out in tummy time for awhile and smiled at us and looked around back and forth between us as we ooh'd and aaah'd over her hard work.

Yay, baby! Big Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment