Monday, July 29, 2013

Who's rolling?

She just rolled over!

So first of all, I have to mention that I actually said the words, "She just doesn't seem like she's going to roll over anytime soon. I don't know -- maybe she just won't?" to some colleagues today at my first day back at work. I guess Greta could sense my doubt and decided to show me just how bad I am at predicting baby development.

So around 7pm  I was texting Casey this picture and commenting about how much better she's gotten at tummy time.

About a half hour before rolling over.
Casey was telling me about how she seems to be changing everyday now. Then Ben came down and I put her back on her belly and was raving about how proud I was of her chill attitude towards tummy time. He replied that he agreed with Casey that she's changing a lot and said she really enjoyed hanging out in one of Asher's exersaucers today. (Her experience in his other exersaucer last week had given me the impression that she was not quite big enough yet...see picture below.) 

Last week's exersaucer experience . . . she didn't really move. Like, not at all.  

All of a sudden, I felt her against my knee and saw and heard her head bump on the floor. "Be careful..." I said in my mama tone -- half warning, half comforting. And then I realized that she was on her back. 

Me: Ummm... did she just roll over?
Ben: I guess so. Because you put her down on her belly . . . and now she's on her back. Oh God. It begins. 


1 comment:

  1. Yay Greta! Crazy that it just happened all of a sudden. It's like she's been sitting on this skill for weeks and finally decided to let you guys in on her little secret.

    Also, I am a little ashamed that the world now knows that I own two Exersaucers. You should post one of the pictures that Ben took in the Evenflo saucer yesterday. She was definitely having a good time!

    ReplyDelete